Vancouver, British Columbia
V6M 1W9, Canada
LBHH and WR welcomes those employees with a Combined 1.3 FTE
Posting #: 2023-177
Hours of Work: D/N 7:00am-3:00pm/11:00pm-07:00am with Rotational Days off.
Line #: C97F
Status and FTE: Temporary Full-Time (1.00)
Duration: Until the return of incumbent
Assignment Area: WR/MLC
Hourly wage rate: As per HEU Collective Agreement
Reporting to the Nurse Manager and working under the general direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, responsibilities include:
· Provides personal care to residents such as bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, feeding, oral hygiene, and care of skin and nails.
· Assists with transfers and mobilization of residents using body mechanics and mechanical aids such as walkers, wheelchairs, and lifts by following the established ADL Care Plan.
· Performs nursing procedures such as giving enemas, obtaining specimens, recording intake and output, instilling eye drops, and administering minor non-sterile dressings.
· Records observations and reports any changes/problems in residents’ condition, such as mobility, temperature, skin integrity, appetite, and behavior to designated Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
· Transports residents to and from dining room areas, lounges, and activity programs.
· Ambulates residents as directed by care plan.
· Assists residents with meals by serving and collecting meal trays, and feeding and assisting residents as required, including opening containers, cutting food, etc. Serves and monitors intake of nourishments to designated residents, and removes meal tray at end of the meal period.
· Ensures safety of residents while performing all tasks and assignments, and reports any adverse events or near-misses to Supervisor immediately.
· Maintains a clean, safe environment by changing and making beds, sanitizing residents’ basins, bedpans, and urinals. Replenishes unit and residents supplies as needed from the designated storage area, and reports shortages to a Registered Nurse. Cleans service areas and service rooms.
· Reports malfunctioning equipment and safety hazards to Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse immediately.
· Charts information such as weight and blood pressure as directed. Attaches documents to charts, such as Nursing and Flow Sheets, Medication Administration Records, Laboratory and Special Examination Reports following review by the Registered Nurse.
· Participates in Care planning for residents including establishing and maintaining current ADL Care Plans and Nursing Aide Flow Sheets.
· Attends Staff Development and In-service Education programs when required.
· Performs other related duties as required.