This article will take a gander at the Scholarship opportunities at the University of Southern Queensland. The process involved in applying for these programs will be covered here. Also, the eligibility and requirements will as well be featured in this write-up.
A Brief Overview of USQ
The University of Southern Queensland, alternatively known as USQ, is a medium-sized regional university with three campuses in Toowoomba, Springfield, and Ipswich. The university campus is based in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.
The school offers law, medicine, engineering, science, business, education, and the arts, among other subjects.
This is the second-highest rate of any university in Australia.
According to the Good Universities Guide, USQ students become some of the best-paid graduates in the country.
Scholarships at the University of Southern Queensland
There are a lot of scholarship programs offered at the University of Southern Queensland. There are some scholarships available for international students in Australia. Let’s look at these student-aid programs in detail.
Australia Awards Scholarships For International Students
If you’re interested in studying in Australia from a foreign country, then you can look for the Australia Awards Scholarships for International Students as it is now available for the approved countries for the Awards.
The grant covers master’s degree programs in any subject taught at Australian universities.
The scholarship deadline has passed, and it will expire on April 30, 2021.
You can also look at the next one within this time, and before the deadline, submit your application.
The Australia Awards Scholarships was some time ago known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS). This scholarship program is made to assist full-time undergrads and postgraduate students coming to Australia from developing countries.
Full tuition fees, establishment allowance, return plane tickets, contribution to living expenses (CLE), return plane tickets, Pre-course English (PCE) fees, Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and other benefits are for students who are awarded this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for this Scholarship
- To be eligible for Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be at least 18 years old on 1 February of the year the scholarship begins;
- Also, you must be from the approved countries listed on Australia Awards webpage.
- It would be best if you also were residing in and applying for the scholarship from your own country;
- Applicants should not be a citizen of Australia but have permanent residency in AUS.
Australia-ASEAN Council Grants 2021
The Scholarship describes that it is a fully-funded scholarship for master’s programs at Australian universities. It includes all subjects.
During and after the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, travelling restrictions and social distance limit opportunities for face-to-face engagement and inbound and outbound visits.
Also, the Australia-ASEAN Council 2021 Grants Round is educational funding that aids the continuity of people-to-people and school engagement with Australia and the neighbouring region, Southeast Asia.
Requirements for this Scholarship
Let’s look at what’s necessary for this scholarship.
- One of the first prerequisites is that you should go through the scholarship guidelines after submitting your application for this scholarship grant by ASEAN Council.
- Also, on the Scholarship round application form, you must apply in English.
PhD Fees Scholarship at the University of Southern Queensland
This is a Scholarship program for PhD students at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia.
This scholarship is also open to international students as they are equally eligible to apply and obtain the grant. Nigeria is included in the covered foreign countries for this student-aid program by the University of Southern Queensland in Australia.
The scholarship covers PhD level programs at the University of Southern Queensland in the discipline of philosophy.
The University of Southern Queensland is accepting applications for an international PhD program. This Fees Scholarship is for the academic year. International PhD is contingent on acceptable advancement.
Fees Scholarship awardees will have their tuition fees reimbursed by the USQ for a period of six semesters (full-time equivalent).
Requirements for this Scholarship
- Applicants must demonstrate their English language proficiency. A test will be given to show this.
- One of the approved language tests (IELTS or TOEFL) or demonstrating that the students have studied for a minimum of two years full-time equivalent in a recognized institution in an English-speaking country within the last five years will be required.
- The first eligibility criteria for this scholarship is that the applicant must have a qualification that the university considers to be comparable to, or higher than, a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours;
- The candidate should also be qualified to enrol in the PhD program at USQ full-time or part-time.
- The recipients of this award are not required to attend classes on campus.
- Candidates must have applied for enrollment or be currently enrolled.
Let’s look at how to apply for this PhD Scholarship by USQ.
- In any case, it’s is advisable, the Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) advises applicants to start the admissions process first. Although scholarship applications are separate from admissions applications, you can do the remaining one after.
- To apply for USQ PhD Scholarship, applicants must scan and submit the following paperwork to orgsadmin-at-usq.edu.au as a single PDF attachment.
Please note that no other email address should be used to apply for an International PhD Stipend Scholarship.
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ), I’m in conjunction with some concerned bodies to offer scholarships to students at different levels of their studies.
In this article, we highlighted these Scholarship programs available for both indigene and international students.